Sunday, February 7, 2021

Topic Brainstorm

 My first possible topic right away is reincarnation. I was tossing that idea around last semester before I ended up on volcanoes. (How? I don't know - okay well, volcanoes are sort of like a reincarnation of rocks but that's beside the point!) There's the project topic page on reincarnation, which is nice, and one of the other pages actually pointed me towards a Wikipedia page on Saṃsāra - meaning world and the concept of rebirth, cyclical nature.

So related to reincarnation is birth - usually you can't be reincarnated if you aren't born at some point, right? It comes back to that whole cycle thing. Shashthi - goddess of childbirth

And the other side of the cycle? Death. But I know I don't want to tell just death stories, but I need the death aspect of the stories, I need them to come back! It's a cycle.

(And going along with birth, death and reincarnation is that you could be an avatar of a god. This is not something I am super familiar with and isn't really true reincarnation, but more reincarnation adjacent?) 


There's a piece I'm missing here I feel like - overall is reincarnation/rebirth/return a cycle. This feels like pieces of one topic, which is my fault because I am overall focused on the cyclical idea of reincarnation/rebirth I think. I don't know what particular stories I would want to retell just yet - if there are enough tales about about one person..and I think there might be...it might be interesting to do a storybook that follows someone through multiple reincarnations. 



A decidedly western/European take on rebirth - into the cauldron! 

"Rebirth" by ξωαŋ ThΦt (slowly back...) is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 2.0


No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Notes: Dharma Mahabarata (Part E) - Extra credit reading

Mahabharata: The Greatest Spiritual Epic of All Time. b y Krishna Dharma, 2008 ( source ) Arjuna is headed to heaven! But he's just v...