Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Reading Notes: Kali the Mother Part A

Kali the Mother (source) by Sister Nivedita, 1900

 

I LOVE the comparisons in this between eastern and western theology. In the past that has kind of been my jam. :)

So text wise this is kind of dense and not the easiest/quickest read but I do like the constant call back to Kali's form. It's referred to several times as how it should be perceived as so great and horrible but it's Kali the mother and she's a great divine being. It's the perception challenging call out - I feel like there's a story idea there, I'm just not sure what it is yet. But that's the bit that's sticking out to me from these readings - perception, perception, perception. 

 


 "The Doors of Perception" by koen_jacobs is licensed under CC BY-ND 2.0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Notes: Dharma Mahabarata (Part E) - Extra credit reading

Mahabharata: The Greatest Spiritual Epic of All Time. b y Krishna Dharma, 2008 ( source ) Arjuna is headed to heaven! But he's just v...