Thursday, January 28, 2021

Storybook Favorites

What fun storybooks to browse through! I really enjoyed the concept behind the Goddess of Contagion storybook. Taking mythology and updating to something so modern and timely is fascinating. The storybook has what I am coming to think of as the "standard" google sites layout, which is convenient. I am not sure how I feel about the titles of each short link in the navigation bar just saying "story" versus a title. This may have been due to space or the style of the author. 

I also liked exploring The Creation of Kali storybook. The different creation stories of Kali presented in this book almost feel like they could  somehow be done in a branching set up. I'm not quite sure on that one, you would have to change some details to make it work but it would be something interesting to think about doing!

The storybook called The Beginning of the End was also interesting. The stories within were set up to be cyclical, which fit with the stories being told. Reading through the stories to the end leads right back to the beginning. The author really had to think this out to make sure their stories would work and I find that fascinating.

I also enjoyed flipping through the Horror in India storybook. The set up in the intro of a demon fighting family and vengeance is a great concept. I enjoyed the photo selections with this storybook as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Notes: Dharma Mahabarata (Part E) - Extra credit reading

Mahabharata: The Greatest Spiritual Epic of All Time. b y Krishna Dharma, 2008 ( source ) Arjuna is headed to heaven! But he's just v...