Monday, February 1, 2021

Time Strategies - Steve

 I hate the idea of time management. Just the whole concept, really. It just sounds very middle manager-y and gross. I'm going to call the whole concept Steve instead. Steve sounds more chill, like maybe Steve would go out for burgers. 

Okay, so Steve and I don't always get along. We try, we really do, but sometimes we are like the odd couple. Steve says let's leave 10 minutes early in case of traffic and I say there is never any traffic, it'll be fine! (Pro tip: Just listen to Steve. He's good friends with this guy named Murphy. And Murphy has this law....)

But Steve really tries. He has good intentions and so do I! Sometimes Steve and I both just need a kick in the pants to get our day/week/reading/paper started. 

To that end, Steve and I have compromised. Say Steve is yelling at me to NOT crochet a hat or play a video game or binge watch Bridgerton on Netflix. Am I going to listen to Steve? No. No, I will not. BUT what I have learned to do over many years of living with Steve is to set a timer. I'll even call out to my evil Alexa overlord to set a timer - no I can't find my phone excuses, thanks Steve. So I'll watch some TV, I'll go run through a dungeon in a game, or I'll work on a hat. Then time will be up and Steve will be in charge and everyone is mostly happy. 

I already had in mind what I was going to write for this post. The articles I read, based on the title alone were The Important Habit of Just Starting and How to Beat Procrastination. These may be the same articles I read last semester as well, I didn't pull that blog post up to check!


"Triple Timer" by wwarby is licensed under CC BY 2.0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Notes: Dharma Mahabarata (Part E) - Extra credit reading

Mahabharata: The Greatest Spiritual Epic of All Time. b y Krishna Dharma, 2008 ( source ) Arjuna is headed to heaven! But he's just v...