Monday, February 15, 2021

Topic Research: Reincarnation

 I'm stuck. I've been all over wikipedia, done some general googling for stoires, checked sacred texts. I don't know what I'm doing!

So I was looking at the Matrikas. They sound interesting, but hten when I go further into them, some of them are incarnations/aspects/etc of Parvati, Lakshmi, Saraswati. Which is a whole other thought/idea. 

Everyone individually has a LOT going on and I am not sure at this point how to hone in on where to go. Parvati alone leads me off into all her aspects (Mahavidya) which then pulls in Kali. Lakshmi and Saraswati bring their own incarnations to the party and if this was indoors in the season of COVID we'd be well beyond our numbers for safe social distancing.


Right now I am absolutely flummoxed on what 3 stories I might like to tell. I am definitely digging the all the goddesses. And I know I can edit, edit, edit no matter what I do. I may just end up leaning into the confusion and uncertainty at this point. I feel actually like with reincarnation and aspects and avatars there may be a story in that! Pick a goddess and have a fun story of uncertainty about what aspect is needed?

So perhaps I've typed my way into at least one story idea and can grow from there? That's one of the benefits of blog posting in a stream of consciousness style - sometimes things start to work themselves out. 

If I'm remembering correctly from the wikipedia rabbit hole I got myself into, Parvati, Lakshmi and Saraswati sort of go together. And all have aspects. They could all have a story along those lines. Or even a retelling of a story about how they 'got' an aspect in the first place!! For instance the origin of Kali. That would basically be a retelling but I am sure there are some fabulous ideas that could come out of that. 

From the Matrikas, Brahmini is an aspect of Saraswati. So this is now less reincarnation and more alternate personalities, but that is okay! I've also got Pratyangira and Vaishnavi as aspects of Lakshmi. I'll have to think some more on how this would work, but I actually feel more like I have somewhere to go now. :)



"That is the Question" by cogdogblog is licensed under CC BY 2.0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Notes: Dharma Mahabarata (Part E) - Extra credit reading

Mahabharata: The Greatest Spiritual Epic of All Time. b y Krishna Dharma, 2008 ( source ) Arjuna is headed to heaven! But he's just v...